(includes Roseman & Yuter families)
The earliest known family member is Moshe Segal, born in Troškūnai before 1800. The two known sons of Moshe Segal:
I. Nachman (Nochem) Segal was born in Troškūnai before 1820. His wife's name was Michla.
- The only known son of Nachman and Michla Segal:
- Itsik Segal was born in 1837 in Troškūnai. He married Basia, who was born in 1845. The five known children of Itsik and Basa Segal:
- Abram Segal, born in Troškūnai in 1862. This is probably the "Abba Segal" mentioned in an account of the 1915 pogrom in Troškūnai.
- Shneyer Segal, born in Troškūnai in 1866.
- Gershon Segal, born in Troškūnai in 1872.
- Moshe Gutman Segal, born in Troškūnai in 1880, died as a child in Troškūnai in 1885.
- Beyla Segal, born in Troškūnai in 1867.
II. Shimel (Shevel) Segal was born in Troškūnai before 1821. His wife's name was Sora.
- The three known children of Shimel and Sora Segal:
- Moshe Zelik Segal was born in 1839. He died between 1889 and 1891.
- Bentsel (Benzion) Segal was born ~1856 in Troškūnai. Sometime before 1884, he married Rachel Brin or Konkurovich, who was born ~1859 in Troškūnai. Bentsel died in 1936, and Rachel died on 29 June 1939, both in Troškūnai. The eight children of Bentsel and Rachel Segal:
David Itsyk Segal
David Isaac Segal
- David Itsyk Segal was born in Troškūnai in 1878. He married Hoda, who was born in Joniškis in 1878.
PHOTO David Itsyk Segal with Segal, Reyzman/Roseman, and Yuter relatives (~1910)
- The two known children of David Itsyk and Hoda:
- Hirsh Segal, born in Joniškis, Lithuania, in 1903.
- Louis (Leyb) Segal, born in Joniškis in 1910.
- Relka (Shimche Rela) Segal was born in Troškūnai in 1881.
- Sora (Sarah) Segal was born in Troškūnai in 1884. She married Borech Datnow. The four children of Sarah and Borech Datnow:
- Hyman Datnow
- Louis Datnow
- Musha Datnow
- Hilda Datnow
- Yosel Gershon Segal was born in Troškūnai ~1886. He married Bluma Kaufman, who was born in 1893 in Adutiškis, Lithuania. The four known children of Yosel Gershon Segal and Bluma Kaufman:
- Dveyra Segal, born in Troškūnai in 1922.
- Kopel Segal, born in Troškūnai in 1924.
- Etel Segal, born in Troškūnai in 1926.
- Shlova Segal, born in Troškūnai in 1931.
Lena Segal Yuter
- Lena (Leah Masha) Segal was born ~1894 in Troškūnai. She married Shapsa Leyzer Yuter (later Samuel Yuter), who was born in Troškūnai on 25 August 1883. They emigrated to South Africa and settled in Pretoria.
PHOTO Lena Segal Yuter and Shapsa Yuter with their Segal and Reyzman/Roseman relatives (~1910)
- The four children of Lena Segal and Shapsa Yuter:
- Simmy Yuter was born 26 April 1917 in Pretoria, South Africa. He married Miriam (Midge/Midje) Bernstein (born 26 June 1930). They had no children. Simmy died in Pretoria on 5 November 2016.
- Cyril Yuter was born 12 March 1924 in Pretoria, South Africa. He married Rhoda Slonimsky (born 29 March 1926 in Pretoria, South Africa), and he died in September 1985 in Pretoria, South Africa.
- Sarah Yuter and her twin sister Zelda were born in Cape Town, South Africa, on 22 June 1929. Sarah married Wolfie Smith (born in Johannesburg, South Africa), and she died in June 2015.
- Zelda Yuter and her twin sister Sarah were born in Cape Town, South Africa, on 22 June 1929. On 10 February 1952 in Pretoria, South Africa, Zelda married Max Lazar. Zelda died in July 1971 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Moyshe (Meish) Segal was born in Troškūnai in 1896. On 15 July 1924 in Joniškis, Lithuania, he married Riva Kaplan, who was born in Joniškis in 1902. In 1939 they emigrated to South Africa. The three children of Meish Segal and Riva Kaplan:
- Louis (Leipke) Segal was born in Joniškis in 1925.
- Charlie (Chatske) Segal was born in Joniškis in 1929.
- Steve Segal was born in Pretoria, South Africa, in 1934.
- Zelda Segal was born ~1901 in Troškūnai. On 3 June 1924 in Troškūnai, she married Nakhemya/Nekhemya Khasid, who was born in 1892 in Ukmerge, Lithuania.
- Berel Segal was born in 1903 in Troškūnai.
Sheyna Dobra Segal
- Sheyna (Seine) Dobra Segal was born in 1865 in Troškūnai. She married Leyb Reyzman (later Louis Roseman), who was born ~1859 in Troškūnai, son of Mortkhel Yudel Reyzman (born ~1835 in Kamajai, Lithuania) and Gena Rocha (born 1837, daughter of Shimon). Sheyna and Leyb emigrated to South Africa with their children around 1904. They settled in Pretoria, where Sheyna died on 15 September 1927, and Louis died on 6 August 1934.
PHOTO Sheyna Segal Roseman and Louis Roseman with their extended family (~1910)
PHOTO Headstones of Sheyna Dobra Roseman and Louis Roseman
- The six children of Sheyne and Louis Roseman:
- Sam Roseman (born Shimel Shlioma Reyzman) was born in Troškūnai in 1884. He married Dolly Groom (born in 1894 in London, UK). Sam died in 1961, and Dolly died in 1978. The three children of Sam Roseman and Dolly Groom:
- Gerry Roseman
- Reggie Roseman was born in 1922. He married Anne Greenberg (born 1932, died 1968). Reggie died in 1990.
- Charlie Roseman married Carmel.
- Joe Roseman (born Yosel Reyzman) was born in Troškūnai in 1888. He married Janie Blecher.
The four children of Joe and Janie Roseman:
- Sarah Roseman, married Willie Gavshon.
- Dora Roseman, married Maurice Seligson.
- Ben Roseman
- Rita Roseman, married Teddy Schneider
- Nathan Roseman (born Nachman Reyzman) was born in Troškūnai in 1890. He married Stella.
The child Nathan and Stella Roseman:
- Daphne Roseman, married Joe Datnow.
- Sarah Roseman (born Sora Reyzman) was born in Troškūnai in 1892. She married Israel Milstein.
The two children of Sarah Roseman and Israel Milstein:
- Max Milstein
- Hymie Milstein married Sonia.
- Lena Roseman (born Malka Reyzman) was born in Troškūnai in 1896. She married Joe Janover.
The daughter of Lena Roseman and Joe Janover:
- Myra Janover, married Mark Carel.
- Hymie Roseman (born Chaim Sholom Reyzman) was born in 1898 in Troškūnai. He married Hilda.
The two daughters of Hymie and Hilda Roseman:
- Dawn Roseman
- Doreen Roseman