Mortkhel Labo, the family's patriarch, was born ~1800 and died before 1872. Mortkhel's four known children are:
I. Abram Labe was born in Lithuania between 1820 and 1840. He married Chana, who was born in 1839 and died before 1904. Abram died before 1897.
- The three known children of Abram and Chana Labe:
- Leyzer (later Louis) Laba was born in Rogeve (Raguva) on 18 October 1867. Around 1890 he married Ada Ulfond (born in Lithuania ~1867). Between 1906 and 1910, the family emigrated to the US and settled in New Jersey. Ada and Louis died in the United States, Ada in 1945 and Louis in 1947.
- The seven children of Louis Laba and Ada Ulfond:
- Sarah (Sora Gena) Laba was born 20 September 1892 in Trashkun. She emigrated to the US around 1907 and settled in New Jersey, where in 1913 she married Samuel Brody (born 6 June 1888 in Polotzk, Russia; died in October 1966 in San Francisco, California). Sarah died in February 1976 in San Francisco, California. The three children of Sarah Laba and Samuel Brody:
- Silas Brody, born in New Jersey in January 1914, died as a child before 1920.
- Muriel Brody was born in 1918 in New Jersey. In the 1940s in New Jersey she married Coleman Citret. She is still living.
- Buddy Brody was born in 1921 in Staten Island, New York. He married Estelle. He died in 2017 near San Francisco, California.
- Freda Laba was born in Trashkun on 14 December 1893. In 1909 she emigrated New Jersey in the US. Freda married Morris Asarnow (born 1897, died 22 May 1927). She died in San Francisco, California, on 16 May 1965. The twin sons of Freda Laba and Morris Asarnow:
- Martin Philip Asarnow was born 30 August 1925 in Newark, New Jersey. He was married, and died on 26 March 2011.
- Seymour David Asarnow was born 30 August 1925 in Newark, New Jersey. He emigrated to the US and settled in New Jersey. He married Eleanor R. Goldstein (born 29 April 1924). Seymour died 30 July 2008, and Eleanor died 13 July 2009, both in Corte Madera, California.
- Betty (Rayna Riva) Laba was born in Trashkun in 1894 and emigrated to the US (New Jersey) in 1909. Around 1926 she married Albert Furst (born 16 January 1898, died in February 1979 in Elizabeth, New Jersey). Betty died in April 1981 in West Orange, New Jersey. The daughter of Betty Laba and Albert Furst:
- Phyllis Furst was born in 1927 in New Jersey. In 1950 she married Murray Shafman. She is still living.
- Joseph A. (Abram Gisel) Laba was born in Trashkun on 15 October 1898, and emigrated to the US (New Jersey) in 1909. On 24 March 1926 in New York, he married Jean Saunders (born 28 July 1902 in New York, died in February 1981). Joseph died in Newark, New Jersey, in September 1971. The two children of Joseph Laba and Jean Saunders:
- Martin Laba was born in 1928 and is still living.
- Hildreth (Hildy) Laba was born 20 July 1931. On 21 June 1951 in Newark, New Jersey, she married Albert Phillip Gross (born 16 September 1927 in East Orange, New Jersey; died 24 November 2006 in Boca Raton, Florida). Hildreth died 7 November 2003 in Boynton Beach, Florida.
- Dora (Dina) Laba was born in Trashkun in 1900 and emigrated to the US (New Jersey) in 1909. Around 1899 she married Samuel Goldstein in New Jersey. Dora died in 1938 in Newark, New Jersey. The two children of Dora Laba and Samuel Goldstein:
- Leslie Goldstein was born 9 March 1924 in Newark, New Jersey. He married Shirley M. (born ~1929), and he died on 22 January 1999 in Summit, New Jersey.
- Phyllis Goldstein was born in 1928 in New Jersey and is still living.
- Anna (Chana) Laba was born in Trashkun on 5 June 1904. In 1909 she emigrated to New Jersey in the US. On 30 November 1926 in Newark, New Jersey, she married Abraham (Abe) Poznak (born 13 December 1893 in Paterson, New Jersey; died 19 September 1949). The two children of Anna Laba and Abraham Poznak:
- Myrna Poznak was born in New Jersey on 3 December 1929. In 1952 in Newark, New Jersey, she married Peter Garth. Myrna died on 26 July 1997 in Rye, New York.
- Jerry Poznak was born in 1933. He died in 2018 in Watertown, Massachusetts.
- Benjamin Laba was born in Perth Amboy, New Jersey, on 17 October 1910. In Newark, New Jersey, he married Estelle Richardson, and he died in New York on 17 April 1995. The only child of Benjamin Laba and Estelle Richardson:
- Peter Laba was born in 1945 and is still living.
- Milton (Israel) Laba was born in Newark, New Jersey, on 11 February 1913. He married Mollie Celia Feinberg (born 21 June 1916 in Hartford, Connecticut; died 12 July 2006 in Burbank, California). Milton died on 31 August 1997 in Redondo Beach, California. The two children of Milton Laba and Mollie Feinberg:
- [son], born in 1954, still living.
- Karen Arlene Laba was born in New Jersey on 8 May 1947. She was married in California, and she died on 27 January 2005 in Torrance, California.
- Mortkhel (later Max) Labe was born in Ponevezh (Panevėžys) in 1871. In Cape Town, South Africa on 19 May 1901, he married Annie (Chaya Pera) Pasch (born in Trashun on 12 December 1875). Max died on 21 August 1917, and Annie died on 24 May 1956, both in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- The seven children of Max Labe and Annie Pasch:
- Lily Annie Labe was born in Cape Town, South Africa, on 18 June 1902. On 23 January 1923 in Johannesburg, she married Harry Jack Levy (born ~1897 in Johannesburg). Lily died in Johannesburg on 23 August 1952. Lily Annie Labe and Harry Jack Levy had two children:
- [daughter], still living.
- [daughter], still living.
- Hilda Annie Labe was born 8 January 1904 in Cape Town, South Africa. On 23 January 1922 she married Maurice (Moss) Suskin (born 22 September 1900 in Cape Town, died 28 August 1949 in Johannesburg). Hilda died on 6 June 1980 in Johannesburg, South Africa. The three children of Hilda Labe and Maurice Suskin:
- Leon (Bill) Suskin, birth date unknown. He died 10 August 2003 in Durban, South Africa
- Max Suskin was born 11 August 1922 in Johannesburg, South Africa. He married in 1944, and he died on 26 June 1997 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Renee Suskin was born 9 October 1928 in Johannesburg, South Africa. On 27 February 1949 she married Ephraim Meyer Kadey (born 24 December 1924 in Amersfoort, South Africa; died 9 May 1956 in Johannesburg). Renee died on 14 September 1961 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Abraham Labe was born in May 1905 in Maraisburg, South Africa. He died as a young child on 28 November 1906.
- Minnie Julia Labe was born in Johannesburg, South Africa, on 24 June 1906. On 26 June 1929 in Johannesburg she married Samuel Shear (born 5 February 1896 in Dvinsk, Latvia; died 19 September 1974 in Edenvale, South Africa). Minnie died in Johannesburg on 30 August 1994. Minnie Julia Labe and Samuel Shear had two children:
- [son], born in Johannesburg, South Africa, in 1931. Still living.
- [daughter], born in 1936. Still living.
- Harry Labe was born in Johannesburg, South Africa on 9 December 1910. On 10 December 1933 he married Freda Aida Berson (born in Manchester, England on 24 November 1913; died 20 October 1998 in Johannesburg). Harry died in Johannesburg on 29 September 1997. Harry Labe and Freda Berson had three children:
- [daughter], born in 1934 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Still living.
- [son], born in 1937 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Still living.
- [daughter], born in 1945 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Still living.
- Maurice Julius (Moshe Yehuda) Labe was born 23 March 1913 in Johannesburg, South Africa. On 7 March 1937 he married Minnie Sarak (born 25 February 1915 in Riga, Latvia; died 19 June 1998 in Johannesburg). Maurice died in Benoni, South Africa, on 28 April 1993. The two children of Maurice Labe and Minnie Sarak:
- Michael Anthony (Mordechai Tuvia) Labe was born 28 July 1942 in Springs, South Africa. He married in 1966, and he died on 17 March 1980 in Benoni, South Africa.
- [daughter], born 14 June 1938 in Springs, South Africa. Still living.
- Zelda Labe was born 4 May 1915 in Johannesburg, South Africa. On 30 December 1941 she married Jacob Levy (born 30 August 1911 in Johannesburg, died 13 July 2005 in Johannesburg). Zelda died on 3 March 1984 in Johannesburg. Zelda Labe and Jacob Levy had three children:
- [son], born in 1946 in South Africa. Still living.
- [daughter], still living
- [daughter], still living
- Leah Gena Labe, born in 1874
II. Tsalel Labo was born between 1820 and 1840, and died before 1872. The two known sons of Tsalel Labo are:
- Yosel Mordke Labo was born ~1861 in Rogeve (Raguva). He was married to Pera Kreiv, who was born ~1862 in Kupeshok (Kupiškis). In 1900, Yosel traveled to New York City with his daughter Michla, but they returned to Lithuania soon after. Yosel died 9 July 1935 in Kurkl (Kurkliai), Lithuania.
- The eight children of Yosel Mordke Labo and Pera Kreiv:
- Michla Lab, born ~1884 in Kurkl (Kurkliai), Lithuania
- Rivka Basia Lab, born ~1884 in Kurkl (Kurkliai), Lithuania
- Maryasha (Miriam) Lab was born ~1891 in Kurkl (Kurkliai). In Kovno (Kaunas) she married Mordechai (Max) Baron (born 1888 in Lithuania, died 5 May 1953 in Johannesburg, South Africa). Maryasha died in 1963 in Johannesburg, South Africa. The four children of Maryasha (Miriam) Lab and Mordechai (Max) Baron:
- Morris Alec Baron was born 7 June 1812 in Kurkl (Kurkliai), Lithuania. On 26 July 1942 in Johannesburg, South Africa, he married Lily (Luba) Lieberman. Morris died on 11 July 1965 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Lily died in Israel.
- Ann Ethel Baron was born ~1923 and married Jack Sacho (born ~1922, died 6 August 1998 in Johannesburg, South Africa). Ann Ethel died on 10 October 1992 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Eve Rose Baron was born 5 March 1927 in Johannesburg, South Africa. She married Charles Krein (born 2 January 1923). Eve died on 20 August 1990, and Charles died on 29 July 1992, both in Johannesburg.
- Charles Baron was born in Johannesburg, South Africa (date unknown). He was married, and he died in Johannesburg on 20 August 1998.
- Yudis Lab was born ~1896. On 20 March 1923 in Kurkl (Kurkliai), Lithuania, she married Aron Tsern, who was born ~1885.
- Golda Lab was born ~1898. On 15 February 1924 in Aniksht (Anykščiai ), she married Yosel (Abel Calel) Slapobersky (born 1905 in Skaudviliai, Lithuania). They emigrated to South Africa in 1929. Golda died 22 February 1964, and Yosel died 9 August 1967, both in Zeerust, South Africa.
- Michel Labo was born in 1900 in Kurkl (Kurkliai), Lithuania. On 22 November 1926 in Kupeshok (Kupiškis), he married Hodel Veller (born in 1898 in Kupeshok (Kupiškis). Both Michel and Hodel were killed along with their children on 28 June 1941 in Kupeshok (Kupiškis). The two children of Michel Labo and Hodel Veller:
- Basa Mere Labo, born in Kupeshok (Kupiškis) in 1927, killed with her family on 28 June 1941.
- Simon Ber (Berel) Labo, born in Kupeshok on 22 August 1929, killed with his family on 28 June 1941.
- Mere Lab was born in 1901 in Kurkl (Kurkliai), Lithuania. On 27 January 1935 she married Shepshel Krengel (born in 1899).
- Chaim (Heime) Lab was born in 1905 in Kurkl (Kurkliai), Lithuania. He married Etty Fogelman (born ~1919). Chaim died on 2 July 1987, and Etty died on 26 May 1989, both in Johannesburg, South Africa. The four children of Chaim Lab and Etty Fogelman:
- [son], still living
- [son], still living
- [daughter], still living
- [son], still living
- Isaac Labo
III. Zelman Kasriel (Zalka) Labo was born ~1821 in Rogeve (Raguva). Sometime before 1858 he married Hinda (born 1823). Zalman died before 1883, probably in Trashkun. Hinda died in 1898 in Trashkun.
The six known children of Zelman Kasriel Labo and Hinda are:
- Etta Labo was born in 1844 in Raguve or Trashkun. She married Nathan Nosel (Nisan) Waldman, son of Leib Waldman. She was Nathan Waldman's second wife. According to a granddaughter, Nathan mostly studied the Torah and Talmud while Etta was the 'breadwinner'. Etta was an herbalist and would collect herbs from the forest to create medicinal blends which she would then trade with the non-Jews of Trashkun for their eggs, milk, etc. Etta died on 23 October 1900 in Trashkun.
- The five children of Etta Labo and Nathan Waldman:
- Jennie (Zelda) Waldman was born ~1879 in Trashkun. In New York on 15 February 1898, she married Morris (Moshe) Levine (born 8 November 1873 in Kaunas Gubernia, Lithuania). Jennie died in New York on 2 September 1928. PHOTO Jennie Waldman and Morris Levine, wedding photo (1898)
- The nine children of Jennie Waldman and Morris Levine:
- Fannie Levin, born in New York in October 1898, died in New York between 1900 and 1905.
- Benny (Bersek) Levine was born in New York on 18 January 1899. On 28 October 1926 in New York, he married Shirley (Sarah) Bankowsky (born 10 July 1906 in New York, died 8 July 1962). Between 1963 and 1965, Benny married Hannah (Hinda) Weintraub (born 24 July 1903 in New York, died on 26 May 1994 in Brooklyn, New York). Benny died in New York City on 20 January 1965.
- Etta (Ettie) Levine was born in New York on 9 February 1901. On 31 December 1925 in New York, she married Samuel (Sam) Rosenthal (born in 1896 in Hungary). Etta died in Hollywood, California, on 9 April 2002.
- Jack (Yankel) H. Levin was born in New York in 1903. On 29 January 1928 in New York, he married Ethel Binder (born ~1906 in Austria). He later married Roni (Rachel) Mehlman (born 10 July 1908, died 4 December 1985 in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts). Jack died in New York on 17 March 1973.
- Julius (Yudel Leyb) Levine was born in New York on 5 March 1906. On 4 March 1934 in New York, he married Esther Schmell (born in Russia ~1906). Julius died in New York on 7 January 1939.
- Nathan Levine, born in New York on 1 October 1908, died in New York as young child on 20 April 1910.
- Rose (Rochel) Levine was born in New York on 9 May 1911. In ~1935 she married Morris Bernstein (born ~1881). Later, after 1945, she married Stanley W. Hirschhorn (born 7 December 1914 in New York). Rose died on 2 November 2002 in the Bronx, New York.
- Lillian "Lillie" (Chana Leah) Levine was born in New York on 11 January 1914, and died in New York on 15 December 2004.
- Bernie (Shimon) Levine was born in New York on 11 January 1918. On 7 August 1937 he married Blanche Joslowitz (born 2 April 1920, died 26 May 1912). Bernie died on 8 August 2009.
- Celia (Tsirel) Waldman was born ~1882 in Trashkun. On 10 April 1902 in New York, she married Charles (Sholom) Levine (born ~1881 in St. Petersburg, Russia; died 9 February 1910 in New York). Celia died on 13 September 1962 in Brooklyn, New York.
PHOTO Celia Waldman and Charles Levine, wedding photo (1902)
PHOTO Celia Waldman Levine with Sadie Waldman Lesowitz and Ike Lesowitz (1940s)
- The two children of Celia Waldman and Charles Levine:
- Alexander (Elia) Levine was born in New York on 30 January 1903. On 28 October 1930 in New York, he married Ethel Dorothy (Yetta) Cantor (born 28 October 1907, died 6 March 1985 in Hollywood, Florida). Alexander died on 5 June 1969 in Miami Beach, Florida.
PHOTO Alexander Levine at his Bar-Mitzvah (1916)
- Julius (Yudel) Levine was born in New York on 12 August 1905. In Brooklyn, New York, on 13 June 1937, he married Ruth (Chaya) Kapner (born 12 January 1913 in New York, died 21 February 2000 in West Palm Beach, Florida). Julius died on 15 December 1985 on Long Island, New York.
- Harry (Aron Mendel) Waldman was born in Trashkun on 13 November 1884. He married Fannie Taylor on 7 June 1914 in Passaic County, New Jersey. She was born 2 February 1894 in London, England, to Samuel (Simon Shiah) Taylor and Leah (Libby) Burman. On 12 February 1925 in New York, he married his second wife Sonia Landow (born ~1897 in Kovno [Kaunas]). Harry died on 11 July 1933 in Pinconning, Bay County, Michigan.
PHOTO Harry Waldman and Sadie Waldman (1900s)
- Sadie (Sheina) Waldman was born in Trashkun on 8 July 1885. In New York on 11 January 1914, she married Isaac (Ike) Lesowitz (born 15 January 1887 in Ponevezh [Panevėžys], died 27 November 1972 in Brooklyn, New York). Sadie died in 1970 in Brooklyn, New York.
PHOTO Sadie Waldman and Ike Lesowitz (1910s)
PHOTO Sadie Waldman Lesowitz, Ike Lesowitz, and Celia Waldman Levine (1940s)
- The four children of Sadie Waldman and Ike Lesowitz:
- Nathan Lesowitz was born in New York on 11 December 1914, and died the next day on 12 December 1914.
- Nathan (Nat) Lesowitz was born in New York on 8 January 1916. In Washington DC on 28 March 1947, he married Belle Kaplan, who was born 13 July 1918 in New York. Nathan died on 30 April 1988, and Belle died on 12 October 1997, both in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Edward Lesowitz was born in New York on 8 May 1917. On 11 March 1978 in Crescent City, Florida, he married Inez Marie Ryals, who was born in Putnam County, Florida, on 1 February 1923. Edward died on 27 September 2003, and Inez died on 16 February 2015, both in Daytona Meach, Florida.
- [daughter], born in Brooklyn, New York, on 30 July 1924, still living.
- Chaya (Chayka) Waldman, born 1890 in Trashkun, died before 1905.
- Mortkhel Labo (later Max Levy) was born in ~1848, likely in Rogeve (Raguva), Lithuania. He married Hoda (Hattie) Ginsberg, born in Rogeve in 1854, daughter of Orel Ginsberg and Rivka. Hattie died ~1899 in Lithuania. Max died on 24 October 1934 in Seguin, Guadalupe County, Texas.
- The six known children of Max Levy and Hattie Ginsberg:
- Abe Levy was born 4 December 1878 in Rogeve (Raguva). He immigrated to the US and settled in Texas in 1896. Abe married Annie Rosenwasser, who was born in Hungary on 25 December 1889, daugher of Morris Rosenwasser and Eva. Annie died in Nolan County, Texas, on 3 May 1920. Sometime between 1920 and 1930, Abe remarried. His second wife was Freda Horowitz, born 5 November 1896 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, daughter of Louis Horowitz and Esther. Abe died on 7 March 1953 in Sweetwater, Texas. Freda died on 2 May 1978 in Dallas, Texas.
- The three children of Abe Levy and Annie Rosenwasser:
- Fannie (Feiga) Levy was born 30 June 1909 in Ballinger, Texas. She married Irving Alexander (Yitzkhak Avraham) Loeb, born 13 June 1905 in Austin, Texas, son of Louis Loeb and Ida Alexander. Irving died on 28 October 1976 in Abilene, Texas. Fannie died on 22 February 1999 in Dallas, Texas.
- Hattie Levy was born 25 October 1910 in Ballinger, Texas. She married William Homan (Bill) Sheridan, born 29 May 1908 in Mitchell, Texas, son of Ave Sheridan and Ney. William died on 14 January 1992 in Nolan, Texas. Hattie died on 28 March 1994 in San Antonio, Texas.
- Helen Levy was born 30 October 1913 in Sweetwater, Texas. She married Morris Louis Siegel, born 25 July 1912 in Iowa. Morris died on 25 May 1989, and Helen died on 16 February 2003, both in San Antonio, Texas.
- The child of Abe Levy and Freda Horowitz:
- Esther Ora Ruttenberg Levy was born 30 September 1915 in Fresno, California. Her biological father was Jacob Ruttenberg (fate unknown), but she was adopted as a child by Abe and Freda Levy and took the Levy name. On 1 December 1939 in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma, she married Irving Isadore Bock, who was born in Latvia on 8 October 1903. Irving died on 20 August 1976 and Esther died on 10 January 2003, both in Dallas, Texas.
- Rose Levy was born in Lithuania on 10 May 1881. She married Rubin Wilensky, born 15 August 1876 in Russia/Poland, son of Zelman Wilensky. They immigrated to the US around 1900 and settled in Texas. Rubin died on 3 February 1925. Rose died on 20 May 1961 in San Antonio, Texas. The three children of Rose Levy and Rubin Wilensky:
- Hattie (Hatka) Wilensky was born on 1 February 1906 in Brooklyn, New York. On 15 June 1930 in Menard, Texas, she married Nathan Ralph (Rafael) Goldberg, born 29 September 1903 in Talne, Kiev, Ukraine, son of Zalman Goldberg and Channah. Hattie died on 25 September 1987, and Nathan died on 25 June 1999, both in Texas.
- Jake Solomon Wilensky was born on 8 November 1908 in Seguin, Texas. He died on 5 October 1988 in Tom Green County, Texas.
- Lena Wilensky was born ~1909 in Texas.
- Yetta (Reisel) Levy was born in Lithuania on 11 May 1886. She immigrated to the US in 1898 and settled in Texas. Yetta married Morris Rubin, born in "Russia" on 3 October 1884, son of David Rubin. Morris died on 7 July 1958, and Yetta died on 1 August 1961, both in San Antonio, Texas. The four children of Yetta Levy and Morris Rubin:
- Hattie Rubin was born 23 December 1909 in Runnels County, Texas. On 1 September 1929 in San Antonio, Texas, she married Louis Shapiro, born in San Antonio on 25 December 1904, son of Meyer Shapiro and Sophia. Louis died on 2 September 1959 in San Antonio. Hattie died on 13 July 1993 in Dallas County, Texas.
- Bertha Rubin was born in Texas on 28 April 1913. She married Percy Goldberg, born in Hoboken, New Jersey, on 12 April 1907, son of Samuel Goldberg and Brauna Yantis. Bertha died on 24 October 1977, and Percy died on 19 December 1981, both in San Antonio, Texas.
- Eva Rubin was born on 10 August 1915 in Mason, Texas. She married Isaac Wolff, born 16 May 1910, son of Louis Wolff. Isaac died on 18 February 1985 in Dallas, Texas. Eva died on 27 August 2002.
- Harry Rubin was born in Seguin, Texas, on 23 December 1918. He married Pearl Tudzin, born 26 December 1924 in Cuero, Texas, daughter of Ben Tudzin and Sarah Eisenberg. Harry died on 22 August 2000, and Pearl died on 16 January 2011, both in Forth Worth, Texas.
- Ike levy was born in Rogeve (Raguva), Lithuania, on 13 January 1886. He died on 26 April 1956 in Sweetwater, Texas.
- George Levy was born in Rogeve (Raguva) on 27 March 1889. On 22 February 1920 in Guadalupe, Texas, he married Ann Rosenwasser, born 27 August 1897 in Austria-Hungary, daughter of Max Rosenwasser and Annie Hollander. George died on 18 December 1975, and Ann died on 22 December 1983, both in Fort Worth, Texas. The only child of George Levy and Ann Rosenwasser:
- Helen Levy, born 8 December 1920 in Taylor, Willimson County, Texas. She married Paul Fisher (Fishel) Herman, born 2 October 1915 in Fort Worth, Texas, son of Max Herman and Sarah Dricher. Helen died on 13 June 1990, and Paul died on 7 August 1991, both in Tarrant County, Texas.
- Tillie Levy was born in Rogeve (Raguva), Lithuania, on 7 June 1898. She married Selig Reich, born in San Antonio, Texas, on 7 July 1896. Tillie died on 23 July 1956, and Selig died on 18 July 1966, both in Sweetwater, Texas. The two chldren of Tillie Levy and Selig Reich:
- Harriet Reich, born 11 August 1920 in Sweetwater, Texas. In Nolan County, Texas, on 30 July 1944 she married Maynard Bishkin, born in El Campo, Texas, on 7 December 1921, son of Abe Bishkin and Emma Bass. Harriet died on 11 October 1992 in Fort Worth, Texas. Maynard died on 13 December 2003 in Dallas, Texas.
- Maurice Reich was born in Kingville, Texas, on 19 June 1924. On 5 July 1959 he married Frances Harris, born 27 September 1936. On 11 June 1988 in Collin County, Texas, he married his second wife, Patricia A. Killen, born ~1950. Maurice died in El Paso, Texas, on 24 December 2004.
- Shimon (Shimel) Yehiel Labo was born ~1854 in Pagraužiai or Surdegis, Ukmerge District. He was a shoemaker. Shimon married Chana Yocheved Gen (born ~1857 in Rogeve, died in 1929 in Trashkun), the daughter of Yankel Gen and Basia of Raguva. Chana died in 1929, and Shimon died 29 November 1932, both in Trashkun. PHOTO Shimon and Chana Labo with daughter Basia (circa 1921)
- The nine children of Shimon Labo and Chana Yocheved Gen:
- Rose (Rochel Leah) Labo was born ~1877 in "Russia". She emigrated to England in 1902 with her sister Yetta. In 1905 in Mile End, London, she married Joseph (Yossel) Sirotkin, who was born ~1883 in Kharkiv, Ukraine. Rose died on 15 June 1910 in Whitechapel, London. Joseph married Rose's sister Yetta later the same year, and died on 7 February 1955 in Southwark, London.
PHOTO Rose Labo Sirotkin with husband Joseph and child (1906)
- The three children of Rose Labo and Joseph Sirotkin:
- Mary (Miriam) Sirotkin was born 10 May 1906 in Stepney, London, England. On 7 August 1929 she married Arthur (Abraham) Cholik (born 18 March 1907 in London, died 3 February 1999 in Bournemouth, Hampshire, England). Mary died on 2 June 2002 in Sydney, Australia.
- Solomon (Solly) Sirotkin, born in April 1907 in Stepney, London, England
- Clara (Chanah) Sirotkin was born 3 November 1909 in Stepney, London. On 8 November 1941 in Hackney, London, she married Karl Eugene Hoppe (born 4 October 1910 in Livingston, Montana). Clara died on 26 February 1984 in San Rafael, California, and Karl on died 17 June 1988 in Marin County, California.
- Karpel Zelig Labo (later Jacob Levine) was born ~1880 in Lithuania. In Ponevezh (Panevėžys) on 26 February 1902, he married Dora (Duska/Dusha) Leizerik (born ~1883 in Pumpyan (Pumpėnai). Jacob died in New York, New York, on 11 July 1940. Dora died in the Bronx, New York, on 11 June 1947. The four children of Jacob Levine and Dora Leizerik:
- Philip Levine was born in New York, New York, on 11 September 1904. He died in New York as a young child on 29 May 1907.
- Abraham (Abe) Levine was born in New York, New York, on 19 August 1907. On 2 February 1934 in New York he married Frances (Freida) Lorber, who was born in New York on 24 January 1909. Abe died, on 27 August 1978, and Frances died on 8 January 1984, both in Brooklyn, New York.
- Ida J. Levine was born in New York, New York, on 23 September 1911. In New York on 17 September 1930 she married Joseph E. Appel, who was born ~1906 in New York City. They had three daughters. Joseph died in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on 19 December 1985. Ida died in Stanhope, New Jersey, on 18 April 2005.
- Meyer Levine was born in New York, New York, on 1 July 1917. In February 1966 in Fort Lee, New Jersey, he married Gertrude Joyce Lighteisen, who was born on 13 December 1925. Meyer died on 4 November 1996 in the Bronx, New York.
- Yetta (Yente) Labo was born ~1886 in "Russia." In 1902 she emigrated to England with her sister Rose. After Rose's death in 1910, Yetta married Rose's widower, Joseph (Yossel) Sirotkin, later that same year in Mile End, London, England. (Joseph was born ~1883 in Kharkiv, Ukraine.) Yetta died on 19 November 1943 in England. Joseph died on 7 February 1955 in Southwark, London, England.
PHOTO Yetta Labo with husband Joseph and children (1922)
- The five children of Yetta Labo and Joseph Sirotkin:
- Emanuel (Manny) Sirotkin was born in 1911 in Mile End Old Town, London, England. In 1934 in Stepney, London, he married Tillie Coshever, who was born in 1914 in St. George in the East, London.
- Alfred Lewis (Abraham) Sirotkin was born 30 March 1913 in Whitechapel, London. In 1939 in Stepney, Middlesex, London, he married Rachel Rolfe. In 1947 in Hackney, Middlesex, he married his second wife, Doris Silverstein. Alfred died in October 1992 in Colchester, Essex, England.
- Hyman (Hymie) Sirotkin was born in Mile End Old Town, London, in 1914. In 1935 in Stepney, Middlesex, England, he married Sarah Leah (Sadie) Brick. Hyman died on 30 June 1944 in Monte Cassino, Italy. Sarah died on 2 March 2012 in Ontario, Canada.
- Rose Sirotkin was born 27 April 1920 in Mile End, Greater London, England. In 1938 in Stepney, Middlesex, England, she married Harris Klapper, who was born 27 May 1915 in Bethnal Green, London. Harris died on 27 July 1981 in Alameda Country, California. Rose died on 20 March 1972 in Mendocino County, California.
- Bernard (Ben) Sirotkin (later Sears) was born 29 October 1921 in Holborn, London, England. In 1951 in Hackney, Middlesex, England, he married Anita (Chana Devorah) Isenberg. Bernard (Ben) Sears died in April 2002 in Redbridge, Essex, England.
- Abraham Yitzhak (Ekhel) Labo was born ~1889 in Surdegis, Lithuania. On 12 November 1924 in Shavl (Šiauliai), he married Dora Veller, who was born 1898 in Shavl (Šiauliai). They divorced, and on 27 December 1929 in Ponevezh (Panevėžys) he married Rocha Smolnik (born 1899 in Kupeshok (Kupiškis). Abraham was a shoemaker. He died on 31 December 1944 in Waldlager V Labor Camp, Müldorf / Mettenheim Labor Camp.
PHOTO Abraham Ekhel Labo with two Labo sisters (circa 1917)
DOCUMENT Rocha Smolnik passport issued by the occupying German military authorities (1917)
- Mordechai (Motel) Yehiel Labo (later Max Levine) was born 25 April 1892 in Surdegis, 4 miles NW of Trashkun. In 1911 or 1912 he married Dora (Dvorah) Yankelwicz, who was born in Lithuania on 17 June 1892. They immigrated to New York, arriving 8 December 1912 and settling in the Bronx. Max worked in New York as a coppersmith and plumber. His wife Dora died 14 August 1955, and Max died 6 December 1955, both in the Bronx, New York. The two children of Max Levine and Dora Yankelwicz:
- Maurice (Morry) Levine was born 17 June 1913 in New York. He married Helen Gertrude Samkoff, who was born in New York City on 7 August 1919. Helen died on 8 March 2004, and Maurice died on 4 September 1980, both in the Bronx, New York.
- Sondra (Sarah) Levine was born in New York on 4 January 1915. On 12 June 1936 in New York she married Nathaniel Lessall (born 14 November 1907 in New York, died 25 April 1994). Between 1937 and 1940, in the Stephen Wise Chapel, she married her second husband Jack Wasserman (born 9 March 1906 in New York, died 9 December 1989 in West Palm Beach, Florida). Sondra died on 25 September 1967.
- Rivka Chaya Labo was born in 1895 in Surdegis. She married Bentzion Keller (born 1883 in Vilna [Vilnius]). They were living in Trashkun in 1920, and later moved to Vilna. One of their three children was able to escape the atrocities that befell the Lithuanian Jewish community and made his way to the United States. His parents and siblings were not as fortunate. They perished in Vilna, probably in 1942. The three children of Rivka Chaya Labo and Bentzion Keller:
- Jacob Meier (Yankel) Keller, born in Trashkun on 9 January 1922, died in Vilna in 1942.
- Zelik (later Jerry) Keller was born 28 October 1928, in Vilna. During World War II, he was in Stutthof and Buchenwald concentration camps. In 1943 he suffered from typhus. According to family, he escaped from the camps and survived in the woods for a couple years before being found. After the war, he emigrated to the US and arrived in New York on 3 January 1947. Sometime before 1960 he married Doris Claire Ferrer (born in New York on 28 July 1933, died 7 September 1973). Sometime after 1960, Jerry married his second wife Sally Newman (born 21 March 1939). Jerry Keller died on 6 November 1983 in Los Angeles, California.
DOCUMENT Zelik Keller's concentration camp prisoner record
DOCUMENT Zelik Keller's record of typhus in 1943
DOCUMENT Zelik Keller's emigration
- Chana Feiga Keller, born in Vilna ~1935, died in Vilna ~1942.
- Chaim Lipa Labo was born in 1896 in Surdegis or Subotsh (Subačius). On 24 November 1931 in Aniksht (Anykščiai) he married Michla Fainblum (born ~1903 in Aniksht). The entire family fell victim to the Shoah at Pajuoste, outside of Ponevezh (Panevėžys), in August 1941. (See recollection of Chaim Labo and his wife in Berl Glezer's memoir.)
PHOTO Chaim Lipa Labo (undated)
PHOTO Chaim Lipa Labo with a fellow soldier (late 1910s)
- The three children of Chaim Lipa Labo and Mikhla Fainblium:
- Rochel Miriam Labo, born in Ponevezh on 8 January 1933, killed at Pajuoste in August 1941.
- Simcha Rocha Labo, born 12 April 1940 in Trashkun, killed at Pajuoste in August 1941.
- Chana Leah Labo, born in August 1941, killed soon after birth on the way from Trashkun to Pajuoste in August 1941, according to the account in Berl Glezer's memoir.
- Frieda (Freyde Ida) Labo was born 30 May 1898 in Surdegis. She immigrated to Ellis Island on 25 May 1922. On 20 December 1924 in New York she married George Wolff, who was born in 1900 in Warsaw, Poland. Frieda died on 25 June 1984 in New York.
PHOTO Frieda Labo (circa 1920)
- The son of Frieda Labo and George Wolff:
- [son], born in the Bronx, New York, in 1926. Still living.
- Basha/Basia (Tolla Ita) Labo was born 1904 in Surdegis. She was named for her maternal grandmother, Basha Toltsa, wife of Yankel Gen. On 8 July 1930 in Ponevezh (Panevėžys) she married Khloina Barchanowitz, who was born ~1903 in Postavy, Belarus. They had four children in Ponevezh, but the entire family fell victim to the Shoah. They were killed presumably at Pajuoste, along with the rest of the population of Ponevezh, in August 1941.
PHOTO Basia Labo (circa 1920)
PHOTO Basia with two of her four children (1930s)
- The four children of Basha Labo and Khloina Barchanowitz:
- Yokhanan (Khon) Barchanowitz, born 18 May 1931 in Ponevezh, killed at Pajuoste in August 1941.
- Shimon (Shimka) Barchanowitz, born 4 August 1933 in Ponevezh, killed at Pajuoste in August 1941.
- Chaim Barchanowitz, born 4 August 1933 in Ponevezh, killed at Pajuoste in August 1941.
- Chana Yocheved Barchanowitz, born ~1939 in Ponevezh, killed at Pajuoste in August 1941.
- Sara Lab was born before 1862. She married Boruch Shill (born before 1862, died before 1912), son of Benjamin Shill and Leah Aronson. Sara died before 1907.
- The three children of Sara Lab and Boruch Shill:
- Dora (Dvora) Shill was born ~1882. She arrived at Ellis Island on 28 April 1897 with her cousins, Jenny (Zelda) and Celia (Tzirul) Waldman, also of Trashkun. On 18 December 1906 in New York City she married Jacob (Jake) Margolis (born 25 March 1882 in Kiev, Ukraine; died 11 December 1957 in Whitestone, Queens, New York). Dora died on 12 November 1948.
- Shelly (Sara) Margolis, born 9 November 1907 in New York, died 19 July 1966
- Samuel A. Margolis was born in New York in April 1910. He married Esther Radin (born 21 August 1911 in New York, died 19 October 2003 in California). Samuel died in 1963.
- Benjamin (Boruch) Margolis was born 19 January 1912 in New York. Around 1941 he married Gilda (Goldie) Sicklick (born 19 January 1914 in New Britain, Connecticut; died 2 October 1996 in Poughkeepsie, New York). Benjamin died in New York in January 1974.
- Boyd (Bert) Margolis was born 29 April 1916 in Passaic, New Jersey. On 20 May 1944 he married Ethel May (Tuppy) Haynes (born 20 November 1920). Boyd died on 23 October 1981 in Napa, California.
- Harold Margolis was born 24 June 1918 in West New York, New Jersey. In October 1948 he married Rita Martin (born 27 September 1925 in Princeton, New Jersey). Harold died on 16 March 1962.
- Lillian (Lilly) Shill was born ~1890 in Lithuania. She immigrated to the US between 1905 and 1907, and settled in the Bronx, New York. On 23 November 1910 in New York City she married Herman (Hyman) Siegel (born ~1887 in Kovno [Kaunas] Gubernia, Lithuania; died 16 May 1937 in New York). The six children of Lillian Shill and Herman Siegel:
- Irving Siegel was born ~1911 in New York. Sometime before 1941 he married Arlene Anna (surname unknown, born 13 June 1913 in New York, died 11 January 2008 in Rancho Mirage, California).
- Louis (Lippy) Siegel was born 9 May 1914 in New York. He married Tillie (surname unknown), and he died on 10 August 1992 in the Bronx, New York.
- [daughter], born ~July 1916 in New York, possibly still living.
- [daughter], born ~1919 in New York, possibly still living.
- [son], born ~1926 in New York, possibly still living.
- Benjamin (Bennie) Lobe was born September 1890 in Trashkun. He landed at Ellis Island on 23 March 1909, and settled in New Jersey. Around 1915 he married Eva Barnett (born 10 January 1894 in Kovno [Kaunas] Gubernia). Benjamin died in July 1966, Eva in September 1986, both in Irvington, New Jersey. The three children of Benjamin Lobe and Eva Barnett:
- Seymour Lobe was born ~1919 in New Jersey. He married Mollie L. Agisim (born 3 December 1920). Seymour died ~1963. Mollie died on 28 June 1997 in Pine Brook, New Jersey.
- Bernard (Bernie) Lobe, born in Newark, New Jersey, in 1923. He married June S. Wolfe (born 21 October 1924 in New Jersey). June died 4 April 2007, and Bernard died 22 April 2013, both in Hillside, New Jersey.
- Leonard (Lenny) P. Lobe, born 3 April 1928 in New Jersey. In 1951 he married Hilda B. Kiss (born 29 November 1932 in Passaic, New Jersey). Leonard died on 10 August 2007 in Roseland, New Jersey.
- Freda Labo (also known as Freda Levin) was born before 1864 in Raguve or Trashkun. She married Eli Jacob (Eliyahu Yaakov) Jaffe (born before 1864 in Lithuania). Freda died in Subacius in 1897.
- The three children of Freda Labo/Levin and Eli Jacob Jaffe:
- Max (Mordechai Yosef) Jaffe was born ~1884 in Subacius, Lithuania. He emigrated and settled in Leeds, England. On 15 August 1906 in New Briggate, Leeds, he married Rachel Chaya Gordon (born ~1882 in Subacius, Lithuania). In 1926 they moved to New Zealand and settled in Auckland. Max died on 30 July 1950 and Rachel died on 17 November 1969. The five children of Max Jaffe and Rachel Chaya Gordon:
- Eli Jack (Eliyahu Yakov) Jaffe was born in Leeds, England in 1907. In 1936 in Birmingham, Warwickshire, England, he married Leah Shine (born March 1915 in Birmingham, England). Eli Jack died on 30 January 1960, and Leah died 18 June 1995, both in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Freda (Fraydl) Jaffe was born in Leeds, England on 17 November 1909. She died on 4 January 1985 in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Frank Louis (Leib Falk) Jaffe was born in Leeds, England on 30 September 1911. He died in New Zealand on 7 April 1976.
- Hylda Doris (Chana Dvora) Jaffe was born in Leeds, England on 7 February 1913. She died on 21 September 1990 in Woollahra, New South Wales, Australia.
- Florence Mildred (Fagie) Jaffe was born in Leeds, England on 10 December 1915. She married Montefiore (Monty) Faigan (born 22 September 1912 in Roxburgh, New Zealand; died 18 January 1995 in Sydney, Australia). Florence died on 19 December 1987.
- Rebecca (Rivka) Jaffe was born on 12 October 1890 in Subacius, Lithuania. In 1906 she emigrated to England and settled in Leeds. On 12 August 1908 in Leeds, England, she married Eli Lohn (born 15 June 1882 in Zagare, Lithuania). In 1910, the couple moved to Hibbing, Minnesota in the US. Eli died on 18 December 1944 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Rebecca died on 4 October 1974 in Chicago, Illinois. The five children of Rebecca Jaffe and Eli Lohn:
- Jack (Jacob) Lohn was born on 25 December 1909 in Leeds, England. On 10 July 1932 in Chicago, Illinois, he married Fae Adele Kohr (born 10 October 1911 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania). Jack Lohn died on 1 September 1990 in San Diego, California. Fae died on 22 November 2003 in Rochester, Michigan.
- Frieda Lohn was born 6 September 1911 in Hennepin County, Minnesota. She married Melvin (Mel) Ginsberg (born in Hennepin Co., Minnesota, on 31 January 1909). Frieda died on 31 December 1955.
- Ethel Lohn was born 13 June 1914 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She married Leo Kalman (born 25 December 1908 in Siemiatycze, Podlaskie, Poland). Ethel died on 24 May 1960 in Cook County, Illinois. Leo died on 17 May 1983 in Riverside County, California.
- Julius (Yudel) Lohn was born 21 February 1916 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He was married on 5 November 1937 in Cook County, Illinois. Julius died on 1 January 1992 in Guatay, San Diego County, California.
- Fae Diane Lohn was born on 7 July 1927 in St. Louis County, Minnesota. She married in 1958, and she died on 1 January 2010 in Corrales, New Mexico.
- Reuben (Reuven Koppel) Jaffe was born on 27 December 1893 in Subacius, Lithuania. In 1906 he emigrated to England and settled in Leeds. In 1926 he moved to New Zealand. In Auckland, New Zealand on 2 June 1915, he married Edith (Eidel) Meltzer (born 27 December 1894 in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Northumberland, England). Reuben died on 10 December 1968, and Edith died on 23 September 1980, both in Auckland, New Zealand. The five children of Reuben Jaffe and Edith Meltzer:
- Freda Jaffe was born in 1917 in Auckland, New Zealand. In Auckland she married Ernest Rowan (born in Vienna, Austria; died before 2012 in Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia). Freda died on 10 January 2012 in Sydney, Australia.
- Nathan (Natie) Jaffe.
- Jack Jaffe was born on 4 April 1920 in Auckland, New Zealand. On 26 May 1948 in Auckland, he married Audrey Joan Pezaro (born 26 October 1928 in Auckland, New Zealand). Jack Jaffe died in Auckland on 2 July 1994, and Audrey died in Melbourne, Australia on 5 April 2013.
- [son], possibly still living.
- [son], possibly still living.
- Chana Beila Labo was born ~1869 in Lithuania. On 29 November 1896 in Ponevezh (Panevėžys) she married Gershon Zundel Epshtein (born ~1873). Their fate is unknown.
IV. Yankel Itzik Labo, born in 1822 in Lithuania, died on 2 May 1892 in Kovno (Kaunas), Lithuania.