To expand the size of the map or any of the
left click on the image.
School number 2
Between 1910 - 1912, the
Jewish community of Răducăneni decided to build a
primary school (of the Spiru Haret type) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiru_Haret
at the initiative of a Jewish merchant, F Zinger.
This school had 3 classrooms and a teachers' room.
Between 1924 – 1940, the boys and girls were separated
and received different education. The so-called "boy's
school" was managed by Mr. Vasile Mardare while the
so-called "girl's school" was managed by Ms. Olga
Instruction was provided in
both Yiddish and Romanian, in Yiddish by Jewish
teachers and in Romanian by teachers from the local
The building still exists and
functions today as a primary school for pupils between
the ages of 9 -11.There
are 6 teachers, all women.
The building needs renovation
but due to lack of funds it is practically impossible
to undertake any work of this kind.