Here we provide just a short note on Mezhyrichi in order not to repeat other sources (see links above).
Mezhyrichi was first mentioned in 1544. It belonged to Count Korecki. who was the owner of 65 villages and 5 towns.
Magdeburg rights were granted to Mezhyrichi in 1605 (from other sources in 1590). In 1629 there were 313 houses.
Over different periods up to 1831 various noblemen (Korecki, Ostrozhski, Leschinski, Lubomirski) owned the town.
The first references to Jews date back to 1569 and 1577.
At the beginning of the 1760s, Rabbi Dov Ber ben Avraham (1704–1772), became magid (preacher) there. He attracted numerous disciples from all over Poland to his bet midrash. From 1760 for about 20 years Mezhyrichi was a center of the chasidic movement.
|Year||Population||Jews||% of Jews|
(Data taken from several resources)