maps of Bukovina and region
here are the maps that are important for the Heritage of the Jewish people in the area that constitutes the old Austro-hungarian province of Bukovina.
This listing is a work in progress
- History of Bukovina in Maps Series of maps by Daniel Katz which explains the history of Bukovina
- Extensive collection of Bukovina Maps from the Hans Van Weezel Collection
Courtesy of Hans Van Weezel
- Interactive 1910 Ethnographic Nistor Map of all Bukovina:
from "Chernivtsi Museum of Bukovinian Jewish History and Culture"
- Census of Romania for the Year 1930: Bukovina Province: Edgar Hauster's listing of main Bukovina towns and villages with map coordinates and links.
- Campulung department
- Cernăuți Department
- Rădăuți Department
- Storojineț Department
- Suceava Department
- Bukovina shtetls with coordinates and alternate names: Jerome Silverbush
- 1910 Ethnographic Map of Bukovina
- Suceava County
- Map showing all counties in Romania
- Military Map of the Habsburg Empire, 1806-1869 overlaid on Google Map.
- Other pertinent Regional Maps from Gesher Galicia Map Room