included in the Suchostaw Region Research Group (SRRG). Shtetlach were interwoven
together like a tapestry and the Jewish people of neighboring shtetlach linked
by marriages, trade and marketing. They shared schools, cemeteries, kosher
butchers, bakers and more. Smaller shtetlach registered their birth, marriages
and death in a nearby larger shtetl. One should research the neighboring area as
well as an individual shtetl. The SRRG web site has resources and information
that is relevant to many shtetlach. To search for family links and learn more
about neighboring shtetlach, please visit the Suchostaw Region Research Group (SRRG).
Variant shtetl names: Jezersany, Ozieran, Yezerzhany, Yezezhany, Yezierne, Yezyerzany
SRRG Coordinator: Susana Leistner Bloch
Administrative District: Borszczów
Judicial / Tax District (Subdistrict): Skała, or Borszczów - depending on the time period
Jewish Population before the Holocaust: 1,302
- Latitude-Longitude: 48°53´ - 25°57´
- Altitude: 905 feet
- 17.7 miles SSE of Suchostaw
- 48.9 miles SSE of Tarnopol
- 7.3 miles NW Borszczów
- 11.6 miles WNW of Skała
|Jewish Cemetery: |
- In early Summer of 1910 we raised funds to photograph the Jezierzany Jewish Cemetery. The photos of the remaining Matzevot were donated by the Suchostaw Region Research Group (SRRG) to the JewishGen JOWBR project. To view the images, please make a search for “Ozeriany” at: http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/Cemetery/. For further details, please contact Susana Leistner Bloch.
- 1929 business directory (coming soon)
- Birth Certificate of Jankiel Weisinger
- Ellis Island Database - Immigrants from Jezierzany
- The Jewish Records Indexing - Poland and JewishGen “All Poland Database”. This is a multiple database search facility, which incorporates all of the databases listed below. The “All Poland Database” enables researchers to find indices to vital and related records from the independent JRI-Poland database as well as entries from other databases. The combined databases have more than five million entries for individuals living in areas now or formerly in Poland. . It includes the following databases: JewishGen Family Finder (JGFF), Yizkor Book Necrologies, JewishGen Online Worldwide Burial Registry (JOWBR), JewishGen Holocaust Database, The 1891 Galicia Business Directory, 1890-1891 New York Immigrants from Poland, Austria and Galicia and much more. The database is a work in progress, and new entries are being added regularly.
- The YIVO Encyclopedia of Jews in Eastern Europe. Type in the name of your town.
The People of Jezierzany:
|Links and Databases:
When searching the links below, please remember that many towns in
Ukraine have the same name. Make sure that the information you find refers
to the shtetl you are researching.
page is hosted at no cost to the public by JewishGen, Inc., a non-profit
corporation. If you feel there is a benefit to you in accessing this site,
your JewishGen-erosity is appreciated.
© Copyright 2017 Suchostaw Region Research Group. All rights
Compiled by Susana Leistner Bloch and Edward Rosenbaum.
Back to SRRG Home Page
| Jewish Gen Home Page
| KehilaLinks Directory
| Gesher Galicia
| JewishGen Online Worldwide Burial Registry (JOWBR)
| Jewish Records Indexing - Poland
Last updated 01/02/2017 by ELR
Copyright © 2017 SRRG