Bil'che Zolote, Ukraine
included in the Suchostaw Region Research Group (SRRG). Shtetlach were interwoven
together like a tapestry and the Jewish people of neighboring shtetlach linked
by marriages, trade and marketing. They shared schools, cemeteries, kosher
butchers, bakers and more. Smaller shtetlach registered their birth, marriages
and death in a nearby larger shtetl. One should research the neighboring area as
well as an individual shtetl. The SRRG web site has resources and information
that is relevant to many shtetlach. To search for family links and learn more
about neighboring shtetlach, please visit the Suchostaw Region Research Group (SRRG).
Variant shtetl names: Bil'che - Zolotoye, Bilcze Zlote
SRRG Coordinator: Susana Leistner Bloch
Administrative District: Zaleszczyki, or Borszczów - depending on the time period
Judicial / Tax District (Subdistrict): Korolówka, or Borszczów - depending on the time period
Jewish Population before the Holocaust: 57 (in 1870), 133 (in 1921)
- Latitude-Longitude: 48°47´ - 25°53´
- Altitude: 836 feet
- 24.2 miles S of Suchostaw
- 54.6 miles SSE of Tarnopol
- 12.4 miles NNE of Zaleszczyki
- 7.7 miles W of Borszczów
- 5.7 miles NW of Korolówka
- 7.7 miles W of Borszczów
- 1929 Business Directory
- Alphabetical list of names that appear on the Blicze Zlote School Students Signatures
- Blicze Zlote Students School Signatures: Volume 18, page 259
- Blicze Zlote Students School Signatures: Volume 18, page 260
- Blicze ZloteSchool Signatures
- Ellis Island Database - Immigrants from Bilcze
- The Jewish Records Indexing - Poland and JewishGen “All Poland Database”. This is a multiple database search facility, which incorporates all of the databases listed below. The “All Poland Database” enables researchers to find indices to vital and related records from the independent JRI-Poland database as well as entries from other databases. The combined databases have more than five million entries for individuals living in areas now or formerly in Poland. . It includes the following databases: JewishGen Family Finder (JGFF), Yizkor Book Necrologies, JewishGen Online Worldwide Burial Registry (JOWBR), JewishGen Holocaust Database, The 1891 Galicia Business Directory, 1890-1891 New York Immigrants from Poland, Austria and Galicia and much more. The database is a work in progress, and new entries are being added regularly.
- The YIVO Encyclopedia of Jews in Eastern Europe. Type in the name of your town.
|Links and Databases:
When searching the links below, please remember that many towns in
Ukraine have the same name. Make sure that the information you find refers
to the shtetl you are researching.
page is hosted at no cost to the public by JewishGen, Inc., a non-profit
corporation. If you feel there is a benefit to you in accessing this site,
your JewishGen-erosity is appreciated.
© Copyright 2016 Suchostaw Region Research Group. All rights
Compiled by Susana Leistner Bloch and Edward Rosenbaum.
Back to SRRG Home Page
| Jewish Gen Home Page
| KehilaLinks Directory
| Gesher Galicia
| JewishGen Online Worldwide Burial Registry (JOWBR)
| Jewish Records Indexing - Poland
Last updated 07/16/2016 by ELR
Copyright © 2016 SRRG