fading sign above the entrance to the house on ul. Rewolucji 1905, No.
19 (formerly ul. Poludnowej 19) remains as mute testimony to the existence
of the Jewish community of Lodz. Until September 1, 1939, the house was
a charitable organization for the sick and poor Jews of Lodz, one of many charitable organizations
established by the Jewish community. So far, attempts to preserve signs
like this have been unsuccessful.
Photo courtesy of Konrad Turowski