Train: If taking the Fast Train, make sure it is the Malpolska, not the PKR. If you are over 60, ask for Senior Fare, on the train. Fast train takes about an hour. Uber or cab to the Jewish Heritage Office.
Bus: If taking the bus check schedule at bus station. Senior rate also available.
Driving: Parking lot near Bima, fee to park.
Here are the hotels in alphabetic order:
- Apartment Hotel - Zakata: One-minute walk to The Bima. Excellent Boutique Hotel. Beautifully appointed rooms with superior quality beds. Only 9 rooms so book early. No elevator. No breakfast. Air conditioned. Parking on site.
- Gal Hotel: Close to the Bus or Train Station. 15-minute walk to The Bima. Hotel with very nice rooms. Elevator. Breakfast included. Parking on site.
- Hotel U Jana: 1-minute walk to The Bima. Huge rooms, a bit dated with old world charm. Very friendly staff. No elevator. Older 3* Hotel but very clean & recently upgraded. Only 17 rooms so book early. Breakfast may be included, need to inquire. No air conditioning but fans, if available, will be placed in the rooms upon request.
- Tarnovia Hotel: Largest hotel in Tarnow with 140 rooms Upgraded rooms, with air conditioning. Very nice rooms. Elevator. Parking on site. 15-minute walk to The Bima. Breakfast included.
- Tarnow Tourist Bureau Hostel: All rooms have private facilities. No elevator. No breakfast. 1-minute walk to The Bima. Basic but very clean.
Tarnow Jewish Heritage Committee Office
plac Rybny 5
33-100 Tarnów, Poland
Pink building overlooking the historic Bima.
Telephone: +48 602 743 631
Tarnow Jewish Heritage Office Contacts
Committee for Preservation of Jewish Heritage in Tarnow:
- Adam Bartosz
tel. +48 602 743 631
- Magda Bartosz
Tel. +48 602 743 631
What's app: 48 600 459 511
- Natalia Gancarz
- Magda Bartosz: Speaks Hebrew and English. Provides excellent tours of Jewish Tarnow and the Tarnow Jewish cemetery. Has expertise in locating gravesites. email@example.com
- Kinga Smolka: Speaks English. Provides an excellent 2-3 hour walking tour of Jewish Tarnow. Also does Tarnow genealogy research. firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +48 669 780 703
- Jakub Czuprynski: For surrounding areas (including Krakow) http://guide-poland.com/
Contact and Additional Travel Information
- e-mail: email@example.com
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee for the Protection of the Jewish Heritage in Tarnów blog: http://jewishtarnow.blogspot.com/
- Facebook group, dedicated to the memory of Jewish life in Tarnów:
Tarnow Tourist Bureau
- Tarnow Tourist Information Centre: https://www.it.tarnow.pl/en/