Founded in the early 20th century, the synagogue Anshe Sokolovka served the East Side of Buffalo until 1945 [1, p. 198] and the Ustingrader Unterstitzung Verein [Benevolent Society] was created in 1913 [1, p. 254]. Adler and Connolly estimate that as many as 200 families emigrated from Sokolivka to Buffalo because of pogroms [1, p. 198].
They mention the following Sokolifker-Buffalo
family surnames (and mention that there were many other Buffalo Sokolifker
 Adler, Selig and Connolly Thomas. 1960. From Ararat to Suburbia: The History of the Jewish Community of Buffalo. The Jewish Publication Society of America.
Back to KehilaLinks: Sokolivka Main Page