23 x 18 cm., 158 leaves, 2 columns of 25-35 lines each. Late eighteeth century. Square Rabbinic script and Russian script. Autograph. MS. 44.
WORKS OF R. ELIEZER BEN R. JACOB OF SLONIM, RABBI OF AMSTIBOV.
- 1. Folios 1-51: Torat ha'Olah, Part 1: 'Olat Shabat.
- 2. Folios 52-111: 'Edut be-Ya'akov , on the laws of Passover. Then name of the work refers to Hok Ya'akov by R. Jacob ben Joseph Reischer (1670-1733).
- 3. Folios 112-127: Novellae on the Shulhan Arukh Orah Hayyim Hilkhop, Hilkhot Yom Tov.
- 4. Folios 128-138: Torat ha'Olah, section 'Olat Mo'ed, Tractate Bezah.
- 5. Folios 139-141: Derush le-Pesah, and a discourse on Maimonides.
- 6. Folios 142-158: Novellae on tractate Bezah.
25 X 21 cm.,  + 90 leaves, 2 columns of 40 lines each. End of eighteenth century. Russian script. Autograph. MS. 45.
HEMDAT YAMIM, PART 2, SHA'AR HA-DERUSHIM BY ELIEZER BEN JACOB OF SLONIM, RABBI OF AMSTIBOV.
Sermons for festivals and Sabbath, preceding Passover.
This manuscript was never published. Sha'ar ha-Derushim, apparently Part One of the author's Hemdat Yamim, was published in Grodno in 5567 . The published book contains 18 sermons, as does this manuscript.
Letters of approbation from various rabbis were added to the first pages of the work.
25 X20 cm., 152 leaves, 2 columns of 40 lines each. Early nineteenth century. Russian script. Autograph. MS. 46.
WORKS OF R. ELIEZER BEN JACOB OF SLONIM, RABBI OF AMSTIBOV.
- 1. Folios 1-20: Five sermons, numbered 14-18. Original pagination of these folios: 67-86. The handwriting is identical with that of #109. However, these five sermons are not identical with the last five sermons of #109, or with the last sermons in the printed edition of Shaar ha-Derushim. Apparently the author originally composed his book in three parts of 18 sermons each. The eighteenth sermon (folios 17-20) is a eulogy for the author's brother, Napthali, who died in Bialystok in 1808.
- 2. Folios 21-58: "Torat ha'Olah, Part 2, entitled 'Olat Tamid," on Bava Mezia, Makkot, Yoreh De'ah and Hoshen Mishpat.
- 3. Folios 59-84: "Part 2, entitled 'Olat Tamid.." on Hullin.
- 4. Folios 85-152: Kuntres Perot Ginnosar, on Yoreh Deah and Hoshen Mishpat.