also known as: Galambos (HU), Holubinné (CZ), Golubinoye (RU)
48°34' N / 22°58' E
~ Introduction ~
( Click the arrow in the buttons below for pronunciation. )
was part of the Kingdom of Hungary (11th century - 1920 and 1938-1944) with the name of Galambos
in Bereg megye (county), next part of Czechoslovakia (1920-1938) with the name of Holubinné
in Podkarpatská Rus (Sub-Carpathia), then part of the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic (1945-1991) with the name of Golubinoye
and, since 1991, known as Holubyne, in the Svalyavaski (Svalyavs'kyy) rayon (district) of Zakarpats'ka oblast (county) of Ukraine.
Other spellings/names for Holubyne are Holubinoje, Golubina and Holubina.
Holubyne is located about fourteen miles NW of Mukacheve (Munkács) and two miles NE Svalyava (Szolyva).