Established in 1864 when it split from Kneseth Sholom, it was known as the "Rosenbloom Shul." In 1925 the two congregations were reunited.
Conservative congregation. Located at 450 Kimber Road, Syracuse.
Established in 1913 and known as Beth Hamedrash Hagodel or the "New Shule." It was located on Almond Street. The building was razed in 1969.
Sephardic congregation. Located on South Orange St. (1917) and 2013 East Genesse Street (1950). Merged with Temple Beth El.
Merged with Beth Israel and Poiley Tzedeck (1963).
Beth Sholom - Chevra
Located at 18 Patsy Lane, DeWitt.
Established in 1962. In 1965 located on Jamesville Road, DeWitt.
Lubavitch congregation established in 1981. Located at 825 Ostrom Avenue, Syracuse.
From 1901-1912 known as Chevra Tilim; from 1912-1914 known as Congregation Tiffereth Yisroel. In 1914 name changed to Congregation Shas Ansche Ligmion and was located on Irving Street. Merged with Beth Sholom.
Congregation of Kadish
Commonly known as the "Neustadter Shul". Established in 1870. In 1873 located on Mulberry Street; in 1922 at South Crouse Avenue and Harrison Street; in 1971 on Kimber Road.
First congregation established in Syracuse. In 1911 located at Madison Street and University Avenue.
Conservative. Located at 5061 West Taft Road, North Syracuse. Established in 1955 at the Suburban Jewish Center. Named changed to Ner Tamid in 1966.
New Beth Israel
Commonly known as the "Grape Street Shul" because in 1854 it was located on Grape Street. Later on the congregation moved to Irving Avenue.
Established in 1888 and commonly referred to as the "Rushishe Shul."
Orthodox. Located at 4313 East Genesee Street, DeWitt. Established in 1981. Merged with Young Israel in 1984.
Temple Society of Concord
Reform. Located at 910 Madison Street, Syracuse. In 1850 the congregation was orthodox and located at Harrison and Mulberry streets.
Established in 1945. In 1948 located on East Genesee and Allen streets. In 1984 merged with Shaarei Torah.
||TOP of PAGE
Copyright © 2012 Linda Epstein