Former Police Station

Return to "Skala: Summer 2007"


The former police station. Up until 1939, the taller building on the right was owned by Velvel Wasserman. After the Soviet annexation, it became the headquarters of the Skala NKVD (Ministry of the Interior).


Photographs copyrighted 2007 by Yardkeeper
This photograph also may be viewed with the photographer's captions and comments in Russian.
We are grateful to Anatolie Dydik for bringing this photograph to our attention and for providing translation of the caption.
This page created by Max Heffler
Updated Jan 12, 2008. Copyright 2005 Skala Research Group. All Rights Reserved.