In the 13th century, Dlouhá Ves was the center of a manor, whose owners called themselves Dlouhoveští of Dlouhá Ves. The name of the village was probably derived from the shape of the built-up area along the ancient road from Sušice through Tuškov to Kašperské Hory. The first written record documenting its existence comes from 1290.
In 1470 the family of Dlouhoveští sold Dlouhá Ves. Many owners subsequently purchased the land. In 1787 the Jan Josef Schwarzenberg obtained the property. The Schwarzenbergs later united Dlouhá Ves with their manor in Prášily, becoming part of the their estates in south-west Bohemia. They kept Dlouhá Ves until 1930.
settled in Dlouhá Ves (Langendorf) during
2nd half of 17th century. In 1702 six
families were Jewish. Throughout the 18th century, about 20 families
the area between the manor-house and the church, where they also
small synagogue and a cemetery. In 1837,
about 26 houses had Jewish owners; in 1849, 36 families (210 people).
mostly merchants, selling tobacco, spirits, leather and flax. During
emancipation - the Jewish families moved to bigger towns. In 1880 there
were 52 Jewish adults in Dlouhá Ves,
(still 7% of total population). The
with the community of Kasperske Hory in 1890. In 1900 there were
adults (3%), in 1930 - 8 (less than 1%). In 1937 the synagogue burned
and was razed. The old Jewish cemetery with the tombstones from the
19th centuries has nevertheless survived to date (about 300m to the
of the church).
The manor-house with the chapel started to deteriorate after 1930, when the Schwarzenbergs lost the property of Dlouhá Ves. During the World War II the manor building served as a dormitory of French war prisoners. The manor-house burned in 1949, with just a fragment of the chapel remaining until 1984. Today, the Dlouhá Ves Šumava farmstead occupies the site of the former manor-house. Only the old fountain in center of the farm evokes the era of local noble inhabitants.