shtetlinks

Photos of Mielec - The Shul / Synagogue
 


The Mielec Shul [Synagogue] was burned on 3 September 1939 .  Many Jews were burnt alive in the Bes Hamedrish [House of Study]  and the Kloyz [Small Prayer House] . Only the exterior walls of the burnt Shul remained and were bulldozed after the war. 
 


Photos of the Mielec Synagogue.
Submitted by Stanislaw Wanatowicz

Stanislaw Wanatowicz is a resident of Mielec who has collected a vast amount of information and material about the Mielec Jewish Community.  We are most grateful to him for having donated this material to us.
 

Photo of the Mielec Shul / Synagogue.
Photo taken in 1939

Photo of the Mielec Shul / Synagogue.
Photo taken in 1940

Photo of the Mielec Shul / Synagogue.
Photo taken in 1943

Monument on the site where the Shul [Synagogue] once stood.
Photo taken in 2002

 


Photos of the Mielec Synagogue. Submitted by Mrs. Helen Honig Schreiber

Photo of the Mielec Shul / Synagogue.
The Bes Hamedrish [House of Study] is the building on the left. The Kloyz [Small Prayer House] is the building on the left.
Photo taken in 1902

Photo of the burnt the Mielec Shul [Synagogue]
Photo taken in the Winter of 1939

 

Click on the pictures for a full size version. However, these are large pictures. They may take a while to load.
 


Copyright 2005 Kolbuszowa Region Research Group. All rights reserved.

Back to Mielec Shtetl Home Page