Jewish Cemetery (Aerial view)
|Enlargement of reconnaissance
showing cemetery to northwest of horseshoe-shaped pond
|Modified with "unsharp mask"
in freeware graphics program
German Map dated mid December, 1944, available at mapywig.org, shows that the ditches through the cemetery ("Kap.") were apparently the work of the Germans (existing or former German fortifications are shown in blue; Soviet in red).
For animation comparing aerial photo and this German map, see here.
View from cemetery looking east to northern part of pond
Identification of Features on
Aerial Photo | Aerial
Photo of Gargzdai