Born in Yurburg, Lithuania, he studied
engineering in Hamburg, German, between 1921 and 1924.
Immigrating to Eretz-Israel in 1925, her worked for Hecker & Yellin
in Jerusalem. He took part in designing Neve Ya'akov, also known
as the Hebrew Village (Hakfar Ha'Ivri). In the late 1920s he
moved to Tel Aviv and opened a private office at 22 Montefiori
St. Among his building in Tel Aviv in the 1930s are 3 Nachmani
St., 1 Yehuda Halevi St., 47 Cremieux St. and the moving roof of the
Mograbi Cimema. In the 1940s, together with the contractors Stoler and
Moshe Ofer, he built airfields in Syria. Concurrently he studied
real estate apprasing and later become Assistant Chief Real Estate
Appraiser of the Israel Government.