Zolotyy Potik, Ukraine
included in the Suchostaw Region Research Group (SRRG). Shtetlach were interwoven
together like a tapestry and the Jewish people of neighboring shtetlach linked
by marriages, trade and marketing. They shared schools, cemeteries, kosher
butchers, bakers and more. Smaller shtetlach registered their birth, marriages
and death in a nearby larger shtetl. One should research the neighboring area as
well as an individual shtetl. The SRRG web site has resources and information
that is relevant to many shtetlach. To search for family links and learn more
about neighboring shtetlach, please visit the Suchostaw Region Research Group (SRRG).
Variant shtetl names: Potek Zolti, Potik, Potok, Potok Zloti, Zloty Potok, Zolotoy Potok, Zolotyi Potik
SRRG Coordinator: Susana Leistner Bloch
Administrative District: Buczacz
Judicial / Tax District (Subdistrict): Potok Zloty
Jewish Population before the Holocaust: 895
- Latitude-Longitude: 48°54´ - 25°20´
- Altitude: 1.118 feet
- 29.0 miles WSW of Suchostaw
- 46.3 miles SSW of Tarnopol
- 13.0 miles SSW of Buczacz
|History and Geography: |
- Potok Zloty was a town in the Tarnopol district of Poland (today Ukraine). An organized Jewish community dated from the 18th century, reaching a peak of about 1,250 (40% of the total population) in 1880. By 1921, the Jewish population had been reduced to about 900. The Germans occupied the town on July 10, 1941. In the fall of 1942, the remaining Jews were deported to Buczacz.
- In present day Ukraine Zolotyy Potik is in the Ternopilska Oblast (Region / Province) and in Buchatskyi Raion (County/ District).
- Potok Zloty School Signatures, from the 1926 Polish Declarations of Admiration and Friendship for the United States
- Potok Zloty School Signatures, sorted Alphabetically - Volume 21, pages 145 and 146
- Potok Zloty School Signatures - Volume 21, pages 145
- Potok Zloty School Signatures - Volume 21, pages 146
- People listed in the 1929 Business Directory in Alphabetical Order
- Potok Zloty entry in the 1929 Polish Business Directory
- Potok Zloty entry in the 1929 Polish Business Directory Translation
- The Jewish Records Indexing - Poland and JewishGen “All Poland Database”. This is a multiple database search facility, which incorporates all of the databases listed below. The “All Poland Database” enables researchers to find indices to vital and related records from the independent JRI-Poland database as well as entries from other databases. The combined databases have more than five million entries for individuals living in areas now or formerly in Poland. . It includes the following databases: JewishGen Family Finder (JGFF), Yizkor Book Necrologies, JewishGen Online Worldwide Burial Registry (JOWBR), JewishGen Holocaust Database, The 1891 Galicia Business Directory, 1890-1891 New York Immigrants from Poland, Austria and Galicia and much more. The database is a work in progress, and new entries are being added regularly.
- The YIVO Encyclopedia of Jews in Eastern Europe. Type in the name of your town.
The People of Potok Złoty:
|Links and Databases:
When searching the links below, please remember that many towns in
Ukraine have the same name. Make sure that the information you find refers
to the shtetl you are researching.
page is hosted at no cost to the public by JewishGen, Inc., a non-profit
corporation. If you feel there is a benefit to you in accessing this site,
your JewishGen-erosity is appreciated.
© Copyright 2017 Suchostaw Region Research Group. All rights
Compiled by Susana Leistner Bloch and Edward Rosenbaum.
Back to SRRG Home Page
| Jewish Gen Home Page
| KehilaLinks Directory
| Gesher Galicia
| JewishGen Online Worldwide Burial Registry (JOWBR)
| Jewish Records Indexing - Poland
Last updated 01/02/2017 by ELR
Copyright © 2017 SRRG